Our volunteers play a vital role in making The Big Bang Fair a massive success. We are looking for volunteers who are friendly, reliable and enjoy working with young people.
For The Big Bang Fair in March 2020, we have a number of volunteer roles, which will be open for applications in October:
- Volunteer Team Leader to help support our volunteer manager ensuring all volunteers are briefed and supported during their day at The Fair.
- Activities volunteer to help us ensure our activities at The Fair are facilitated in an engaging and inspirational way.
- Events volunteer to work closely with our events team ensuring that our visitors have a great experience at The Fair.
- Research and evaluation volunteer to help us gather information from young people, parents and teachers about their experience of The Fair, their views on STEM education and their perceptions of engineering careers.
- Careers Captain to help run the activities in the Careers Cabin and assist visitors with the Big Bang Challenge, helping young visitors gain a greater understanding of STEM careers.
- STEM Panelist to act as role models and participate in our 20-minute STEM career talks in the Careers Cabin.
- Big Bang Competition Finals Judge to celebrate and assess Big Bang Competition finalist projects in your area of STEM expertise through face-to-face judging at the Finals on 11 March 2020
- Big Bang Competition Finals Moderator to support judges and take an overview of Big Bang Competition finalist projects in your area of STEM expertise at the Finals on 11 March 2020
- Big Bang Competition Finals Head Judge to work closely with the Competition team to support judging processes and volunteers at the Finals on both 11 & 12 March 2020
- Robotics Challenge Judge to evaluate and reward Tomorrow’s Engineers EEP Robotics Challenge UK finalists on 13 March 2020.
- Robotics Challenge Events Volunteer to support the smooth running of Robotics Challenge activities.